The meeting will be held at Hotel Rusu at Petroșani (Hunedoara County). It will last three days, providing a forum for scientific and technical exchanges and will include a one-day field trip.
The scientific sessions will be structured on five topics with a concluding session. They will consist of introductory presentations by keynote invited speakers and free contributions as oral presentations or posters. Meeting sessions will consider the following topics:
- Increasing the knowledge on grassland ecosystem services to increase the resilience of grasslands to changes
- Silvopastoralism and agroforestry in temperate areas for resilient forages
- Advances in grassland sensing and tools to support sustainable management of mountain grasslands
- New strategies for improving mountain-farm productions (cheese, meat, fiber…)
- When farmers, citizens, nature managers, academics, and politicians live on their own planet: bad examples and good solutions
- Farm adaptation strategies to changes under a societal and economic perspective
We kindly invite scholars from all over Europe to submit an extended abstract of one page and present at the meeting their work on the topics above. Moreover, participants will have the possibility to present their research not fitting in the topics above into a ‘free-topic’ poster session.
The working language of the meeting will be English. However, recovering an old custom of the network, participant will have the possibility to offer their presentation also in French, preparing Power Point slides and writing their abstract in English. A book of abstracts collecting all the abstracts accepted by the scientific committee will be available at the meeting and on the website of the conference. Moreover, participants will be offered the possibility to publish a full paper in an international peer reviewed journal (journal/journals will be announced soon).